Medicine in Ukraine
- Ukraine is a country in Eastern Europe. Geographically, The country is located at the northwest end of the Black Sea sharing its borders with Russia to the east, Belarus to the north, Poland to the northwest, Slovakia and Hungary to the west, and Romania to the south west and south, with Moldova in between It’s the second largest country in Europe.
- Ukraine has the fourth largest number of post graduates from the field of Medicine. It has a number of Government Universities offering MBBS, MD and other degrees to local and International students. These Universities are all recognised by world’s major organisations like WHO and UNESCO.
- Ukraine is becoming a booming market for international students aspiring to pursue their MBBS abroad. The country in return offers some world class facilities in their government owned Medical Universities to make this happen. The doctors that graduate from Ukraine, like from other European counties, are eligible to apply for a job in any part of the World and were able to achieve the degree at a very affordable price.
- Ukraine comprises many of world class Government Medical Universities that offer MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine at a very affordable price. The students who complete their MBBS or any other medical degree from a medical university of Ukraine are eligible to apply for job in any part of the world (subject to MLEs).
Other reasons why Vistamed is offering Ukraine
1. All Universities represented by Vistamed are accredited by Medical Council of India. (MCI) General Medical Council (limited Registration) of UK.
2. Ukrainian Medical Universities are recognized by the World Health Organization
3. The quality of education and infrastructure in Ukrainian Medical Universities is rated highly.
4. The expense of MBBS in Ukraine and accommodation is very low.
5. No donation is required to be paid by the student for getting admission in a medical college in Ukraine.
6. Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are held in the medical colleges that keep the students fit and active.
7. Students aspiring of being doctors in United States are eligible to sit USMLE step 1 and step 2 and attain an ECGF certificate.
General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine Degree) – 6 years course
Dentistry (Doctor of Dentistry Degree) – 5 year course
Like in Bulgaria, Ukraine offers Doctor of Medicine (MD) after a 6 years course. This is equivalent to “Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery” (MBBS) degree awarded by Commonwealth countries such as UK, Australia, India etc.
The medium of instruction is English for all six years for international students. The course is offered in Russian /Ukrainian for local candidates. Candidates studying in English medium for the six years are given language classes for the first two years, so they may be proficient in the local language for conversing with the patients and everyday use.
The Curriculum taught in the University is approved by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine.
Students are formed in small groups of 6-10 for the classes. Due to a small student group, individual attention is possible for each student. For the first two years the students are taught in class. In 2nd year, students are also taught clinical subjects and given clinical training in Hospitals for practical experience.
A student needs to read the textbook and do self-preparation before attending a class. Notes are provided for the same. Students can borrow books from the library or purchase their own books. Students need 100% class attendance. If they are absent, they have to rework the class in the weekend, after due permission from the course teacher.
Dentistry is a five year course in Ukraine. Students are taught basic medical and biological profile and the clinical disciplines for dentistry. On completion of the study the graduates are awarded the “Diploma of a Doctor ” or the degree of BDS. Students are taught theoretical and clinical disciplines such as therapeutic and orthopedic stomatology. The department is well supplied in terms of premises, equipment, teaching aids. The students are supplied with A teaching hospital in the center of the city, loaded with patients.
The dental faculty prides itself to help students to obtain first-rate knowledge in the dental field. The Universities offered by Vistamed also offers post graduate course and clinical training in Dentistry.
- Getting admission in a medical university in Ukraine is relatively easy. The applicants are not required to take any exam like TOEFL or IELTS.
For admission in MBBS (MD) in Ukraine, the student must fulfil the following criteria:
- The student shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must secure 50% marks in their 12th standard from Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE / ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.