Admission for Indian Citizens
Foreign citizens are admitted to the Medical Universities(Bulgaria) conformity with the Law on Higher Education and Ordinance on the State Requirements in Republic of Bulgaria for Admission of Bulgarian and Foreign Students.
Bulgarian medical Universities offers training to applicants (who have completed secondary education) in 14 medical specialties in Bulgarian language and conducts training in English language – in Medicine and Dental Medicine.
Citizens of countries which are not members of the EU and EEA are admitted after approval of the submitted application documents (which must meet the admission requirements) by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science.
Applicants, interested in direct admission (without language preparatory course) for the Programmes in English are required either to sit the English for Academic Medical Studies examination at Medical University to submit (in case they hold such) one the following certificates (on the required level/ scores), proving their English language proficiency:
List with Internationally Recognized Language Proficiency Tests
|Accepted language proficiency tests and certificates||Level/scores required|
|Cambridge ESOL Exams||FCE level – Pre-Advanced First Certificate in English, or higher|
|ECL||Level B2, or higher|
|IELTS||Band 6 – competent user, or higher|
|Pearson Test of English General||Level 3, or higher|
|TELC||The European Language Certificates, or telc – language tests
telc English B2, or higher
|TOEFL iBT (computer-based test)||Scores from 61 and above|
|TOEFL PBT (paper-based test)||Scores from 543 and above; Score of 4.0 (scale 1-6) in written test or higher|
|Trinity’s Integrated Skills in English (ISE) exams||ISE II level, or higher|
1. Completed application form
2. A copy of the document for completed secondary education (diploma or secondary school leaving certificate);
3. A copy of the official transcript of all studied subjects in secondary education (high school) as well as the obtained final marks in the subjects.
For applicants ( Indian citizens) it is obligatory for the average mark in Biology and Chemistry subjects from the Diploma of secondary education to be not less than 70% of the possible maximum of the grading system in the respective country;
4. A document issued by an authorized body (the applicant’s high school) certifying the right (eligibility) of the applicant to continue his/her education in higher institutions and universities in the country in which the latter has acquired his/her secondary education;
5. An original medical health certificate, issued within a month before the date of application, stating that the applicant is in good physical and mental health to pursue a training course at the Medical University of Varna.
6. A declaration by the applicant`s parent(s) for financial support during his/her studies in the Republic of Bulgaria at the Medical University of Varna, legalized by a Notary Public and accompanied by its official translation into Bulgarian;
7. A copy of the international passport of the applicant (only those pages with the photo and data) ;
8. Five recently-taken colour photos /passport size/
Once the Admission Committee has received and approved the candidate`s application (for Indian citizens, the documents are then submitted to the Bulgarian Ministry of Education for approval. After taking decision on the application, either a Certificate on the right of the applicant to study (for entrance study visa – type D) is issued or a denial is received. The issuance of this document may take up to a month.
Once the University receives the Certificate, issued by the Ministry of Education and Science, the applicant will be then notified (by phone, e-mail or an official letter) to come and collect the Certificate personally or by an authorized representative of yours. After receiving the Certificate you are then required to apply for a student visa type D at the Bulgarian Embassy in your country.